Holiday decorating, shopping, traveling, and parties are all a part of our holiday festivities, but all that fun can take a serious toll on your feet. No one wants foot pain or injuries to slow them down during the holidays, so it’s essential to care for your feet so they can carry you through the season. Our foot doctor in Ronkonkoma, Dr. Jeffrey S. Muroff, has compiled a list of tips for keeping your feet healthy during the holiday. Continue reading to learn more.
Keeping Your Feet Healthy During The Holidays
Nothing can bring your holiday spirit down quicker than foot pain. Here are a few valuable foot care tips to keep in mind throughout the season to ensure your feet are healthy from our foot doctor in Ronkonkoma:
- Moisturize – Cold temperatures and dry air can take a toll on your skin. Be sure to moisturize your feet daily to avoid cracked, dry, and irritated skin.
- Comfortable Footwear – With all the holiday events, there are so many opportunities to bring out your favorite winter footwear. However, it’s essential not to sacrifice comfort for fashion. Narrow shoes and high heels can cause a variety of foot problems, so wear shoes that fit properly to prevent bunions, blisters, and calluses.
- Pedicure Safety – The holidays are a great time to treat yourself to a pedicure, but be sure to pick a salon that follows all safety standards to prevent infection.
- Watch for Ice and Snow – When walking outside this winter, look out for icy patches that you could slip and fall on. One wrong step can cost you a sprained ankle or a fracture.
- See a Podiatrist – If your feet are hurting all season long, you should consult with a foot doctor in Ronkonkoma for treatment. Our team will examine your feet and diagnose your problem to help you find relief.
Contact Our Foot Doctor in Ronkonkoma
Foot pain can put a damper on your holiday fun, so don’t wait until the holidays are over to seek treatment! Dr. Jeffrey S. Muroff is skilled in treating various podiatric issues and provides quality care that enables you to live the lifestyle you want. To learn more about keeping your feet healthy this season, be sure to contact our foot doctor in Ronkonkoma today!