Plantar warts are essentially just small growths that may appear on high, weight-bearing areas of the foot. If untreated, plantar warts could turn into a real problem and could give you a severe amount of pain. If you are a person who needs treatment from a podiatrist near Centereach, visit Dr. Jeffery S. Muroff today to view treatment plans and make an appointment!
Symptoms Of Plantar Warts
– A relatively tiny rugged growth on the bottom of your foot, the wart has a possibility of being very fleshy and it may even bleed. Warts can come up on pretty much the whole foot.
– Black pinpoints are small black dots that are actually small clotted blood vessels, and this is a telltale sign that you have a wart.
– Hard or calloused skin where it hasn’t been before.
How To Know When To See a Doctor
Making sure you’re aware of when to see our podiatrist near Centereach is important for truly having a proper recovery. Some things to look out for include:
– The wart bleeding or any discoloration of the skin.
– Attempting to cure the wart with home remedies with no end-result.
– The discomfort that’s prohibiting you from doing normal activities.
What Are The Treatments for Plantar Warts?
– Cryotherapy – Doctors use liquid nitrogen to freeze the wart. This treatment is usually applied by spray and can usually take care of the wart through several different treatments.
– Immune-therapy – Doctors use this therapy to strengthen your immune system against warts. This is done by doctors giving you medications or solutions to make you less prone to getting warts.
– Laser treatment – this treatment burns the blood vessels and infected skin around the wart until the wart is fully cauterized. With a couple of treatments, the wart will eventually fall off.
Plantar warts may be tiny, but they are painful and difficult to get rid of! If you are in need of a podiatrist near Centereach, make sure you visit Dr. Muroff today so you may enjoy a pain-free life!