Intense, shooting pain in your foot first thing in the early morning is clearly no way to start your day. The first steps when you wake up shouldn’t be painful, but for people living with plantar fasciitis, this is an unfortunate truth. Dr. Jeffrey S. Muroff is a podiatrist near Holbrook that specializes in plantar fasciitis treatment. Dr. Muroff can closely evaluate your pain and determine if plantar fasciitis is the culprit. Continue reading to learn more about that early morning foot pain and how we can help!
Plantar fasciitis is one of the leading causes of foot and heel pain that affects millions of people. This condition is caused by swelling and inflammation of the plantar fascia in the heel of your foot, which can cause sharp pain and tenderness throughout the underside of your foot. Excessive pressure from repetitive activity or other injuries can lead to plantar fasciitis. Some of the common indicators of plantar fasciitis include:
- Waking up with intense foot pain.
- Constant discomfort.
- Tight calf muscles and tendons.
- Unusual gait.
Foot pain in the morning can be extremely uncomfortable and put you in a terrible mood for the rest of the day. Fortunately, our podiatrist near Holbrook can address your symptoms and outline an appropriate treatment plan to manage your symptoms and eradicate your foot pain. Some plantar fasciitis treatments recommended by Dr. Muroff include:
- Rest – Resting your injured foot is essential to help heal your pain. Giving your foot a break can help speed up your recovery time and reduce your pain.
- Ice and Heat – Icing your foot can help reduce swelling, inflammation and muscle pain. Heat therapy can also help expedite the healing process by increasing blood flow to the injured area.
- Orthotics – Dr. Muroff can prescribe custom orthotics to help distribute weight on your feet more evenly and reduce pressure on the tender plantar fascia.
Contact Our Podiatrist near Holbrook
Morning foot pain doesn’t have to ruin the rest of your day. Dr. Jeffrey S. Muroff is here to help diagnose and treat your plantar fasciitis pain and help you back on your feet pain-free! To learn more about treatments for plantar fasciitis, contact us and request an appointment with our podiatrist near Holbrook today!