Benefits of Seeing a Podiatrist over Medication
By jeffreysmu8882327, Jan 16 2019 10:34PM
A podiatrist plays a key role in maintaining the health of the feet. There are many benefits of seeing a podiatrist over taking mediation. If you are looking for a podiatrist near Centereach, contact Dr. Jeffrey Muroff for care in diabetic foot care, skin conditions, and fungal removal. He makes booking an appointment fast and easy and uses modern podiatric medicine to heal the feet. His modern facility includes on-site x-ray, ultrasound, and laser treatment. You don’t have to be in pain if you are suffering from foot conditions! With most insurances accepted, our podiatry services offer long-term benefits compared to medication alone.
Why consult with a podiatrist instead of sticking to home remedies?
- A podiatrist can perform foot surgery as needed and can prescribe antibiotics.
- A podiatrist is a doctor. This means he/she has the training necessary to diagnose the underlying condition and treat it before it occurs again!
- A podiatrist can order tests such as ultrasound and x-ray to see what is going on inside.
- A podiatrist is a specialist, meaning they have expertise in taking care of the feet.
- A podiatrist can determine the urgency of the condition and whether other specialists, such as neurologists or dermatologists, are required to treat the condition.
- Medications such as antifungals and pain-relievers may have side effects if taken incorrectly, resulting in problems within the GI system, endocrine system, or cardiovascular system.
- According to a recent study by the NIH, podiatry plays a leadership role in wound management.
- A medication prescribed by podiatrists has been proven to be much more effective and efficient in clearing the infection earlier so that you can go back to doing the things you love!
The podiatry clinic of Dr. Jeffrey S. Muroff has specialties in all foot injuries including the following: Achilles’ heel, plantar fasciitis, heel spur pain, foot/ankle fractures, foot/ankle sprains, puncture wounds, and tendon/ligament damage. With comprehensive care to help you get pain-free, Dr. Muroff won’t rest until your issue is fully resolved. If you are looking for a podiatrist near Centereach, contact Dr. Muroff today and take the first step towards recovery!